Since we’ve had kids, we’ve had an uptick in the number of missing items around the house. The types of missing items has changed as well. Why am I always looking for the following things?
- The children’s toothbrushes.
- One shoe. I always have one shoe but I rarely have both.
- The remote control. It’s always been hard to find but it gets worse after the kids are born.
- Spoons. They disappear into the atmosphere. I had all kinds of spoons years ago and now I have a maximum of three.
- Scotch tape. I know this is the kids. They love that stuff and will make off with it in a heartbeat. I’m not really sure what they do with it. I probably don’t want to know.
- Paper for the printer. This is probably related to the scotch tape.
- Scissors. I took off with these too when I was a kid. There is some kind of weird attraction to these.
- I would add pens to this list but I was losing them before the kids so I guess I can’t hold them accountable for this.
- My smartphone. My husband has stuck to what is practically an antique phone so they don’t care about his phone. Smart move! They are totally obsessed with my phone and run down the battery so I can’t even call it to find it.
- Peace and quiet.
- My stash of emergency chocolate. They keep finding it.
Is anything else missing at your house?