- Our Principles
- Personal Information CC Collects
- What CC does with the Personal Information
- Disclosures of Personal Information
- Security of Personal Information Collected via the Websites; OpenID
- Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
- Reorganization or Spin-Offs
- Third-Party Sites
- Special Note to International Users
- Privacy policies and data collection and use policies should be human readable, comprehensive, and easy to locate;
- Only the minimum amount of information reasonably necessary to provide you with services should be collected and maintained, and only for so long as reasonably needed or required;
- Information you provide through our Websites, or that we gather as a result of your use of our Websites or commenting services, should not be used for marketing or advertising purposes, nor should it be provided voluntarily (without your permission) to anyone else unless required; and
- Unless restricted or prohibited by law, and provided your email address has been collected and retained, you should be notified when circumstances require Crassparenting to provide a third party with your personal information.
Personal Information Crassparenting Collects
We may collect personal information at several places on the Websites, including without limitation:
- in connection with your selection of one of our licenses or legal tools including, without limitation, CCO, or the Public Domain Certification, or your application for Founder’s Copyright;
- when you provide us with your personal information such as by sending an email to us or signing up to receive a newsletter or our events listing;
- when you register to establish a user account on any of our Websites;
- when you donate money to us or purchase merchandise;
- when you join the Crassparenting Website, and when you thereafter create/edit your profile page, identify your content, share your story, and/or establish a Crassparenting commenting account; and
- when you provide personal information in connection with your participation in any of the forums we make available to that community.
What Crassparenting does with Personal Information
License/Tool Selection. We use the personal information you provide to us as part of your registration as a commenter or author. Your email address is stored when you become an author or make a comment. Emails and Newsletters. We use the personal information you provide to us when you send us emails or sign up to receive our newsletter or events listing in order to respond to your request — for example, to reply to your email or to send you communications about news and events related to Creative Commons. When you comment with the IntenseDebate system your username and email address is sent to and stored by InteseDebate (http://intensedebate.com). Personal information submitted as part of our commenting system is used for the purpose of managing the comments on the Website. Donations. When you donate money to us or purchase merchandise via our support page, your personal information will be
Disclosures of Personal Information
Security of Personal Information Collected via the Website
Crassparenting has implemented reasonable measures to protect against unauthorized access to and unlawful interception or processing of personal information that Crassparenting stores and controls. However, no website can fully eliminate security risks. Third parties may circumvent our security measures to unlawfully intercept or access transmissions or private communications. We will post a reasonably prominent notice to the Websites if any such security breach occurs. Crassparenting does not control the IntenseDebate website or database and security for those systems is subject to the policies and practices of Automattic, Inc.
Data Usage Policy: Non Personal Browsing and Site Usage Information
Reorganization or Spin-Offs
Special Note to International Users
The Websites are hosted in the United States. If you are accessing the Websites from the European Union, Asia, or any other region with laws or regulations governing personal data collection, use and disclosure that differ from United States laws, please note that you are transferring your personal data to the United States which does not have the same data protection laws as the EU and other regions. By providing your personal data you consent to:
- the transfer of your personal data to the United States as indicated above.